SUZANNE MEVISSEN Senior Associate
Suzanne has over 30 years experience in all areas of commercial property law. She acts for corporates, private and institutional investors and high net worth individuals.
Suzanne’s experience includes providing commercial property advice to her clients who value her direct approach and depth of experience.
She is a recognised expert on ground leases, acting for significant holders of ground lease portfolios throughout New Zealand.
Suzanne has considerable experience in dealing with acquisitions and developments, complex subdivisions, financing of acquisitions and developments and structures.
- Drafting, negotiating and providing advice on agreements to lease, leases and design-build projects for office buildings and retail shopping centres.
- Due diligence reports for development land.
- Due diligence reports for portfolio of investment properties.
- Acting on the granting of ground leases of significant parcels of land including negotiating terms with the lessee.
- Large residential subdivisions and sales.
- Negotiating and documenting funding arrangements for land developments.
- Advising on body corporate developments and redevelopments.
- Preparing pre-sale agreements for the sale of apartments off the plans including dealing with the requirements of the Unit Titles Act 2010.
- Securities Act compliance in relation to land developments with communal facilities.
- Property Law Section of NZ Law Society – member
- Property Council of NZ – member
- Registered Conveyancer – NZ Society of Conveyancers