ANDREW MACDONALD Partner
Andrew is a partner and senior commercial law practitioner. He has extensive experience in commercial negotiations, business acquisitions and corporate structuring. Clients value the sound, pragmatic nature of Andrew’s advice.
His clients range from manufacturers and importers, investors and developers to Maori organisations and charitable entities. He acts for a number of boards of directors.
Andrew is highly skilled in the area of alternative dispute resolution such as mediation, where he is known for obtaining the best possible results.
- Negotiating and completing the sale of a New Zealand manufacturing company to a Chinese listed company
- Negotiating and documenting ground leases for large commercial office development
- Establishment and subsequent sale of carbon farming joint venture
- Negotiating rent review for large forestry estate
- Negotiating rent review for large CBD ground lease property
- Securities Act compliance and documents for residential developments with communal facilities
- Drafting complex company constitutions and shareholder agreements
- Management buy-in to private logistics company
- LLB, University of Auckland, 1982
- Senior prize in law on graduation
- Admitted: New Zealand, 1984