LOUISE ORTON Senior Associate
Louise is a Senior Associate at Hornabrook Macdonald Lawyers and has been a senior lawyer in the HML Property team since 2014.
Louise has varied legal experience practising in both New Zealand and in Australia.
Louise’s areas of interest and expertise include advising on Trust law and Trust set up and maintenance, property matters including acting for Landlord and Tenants in both commercial and retail leases and the sale and purchase of commercial and residential properties and financing. Louise also advises on estate planning matters and acts for individuals entering into relationship property agreements.
Louise enjoys a good relationship with all her clients. She is trusted to provide sound, pragmatic, and comprehensive advice and assistance as needed.
- Various restructures and reviews of related family trusts and corporate entities to reflect changes in each case.
- Refinancing multiple related business entities borrowing including advising the borrowers on granting new securities.
- Drafting new loan and various security documents and advising private lender client.
- Enforcing payment of commercial lease arrears and advising the Landlord on the successful assignment of the Lease to a new tenant.
- Managing the call in of assets in a complex estate across multiple international jurisdictions.
- BA, LLB – University of Auckland
- Admitted New Zealand – 2007
- Admitted NSW, Australia – 2009