MARK HORNABROOK Partner
Mark is a partner and heads the commercial property team. He specialises in subdivisions, property development, construction and leasing for a diverse range of residential, commercial and industrial projects. Mark also acts for property investors and is experienced in large and complex due diligence investigations.
His expertise in structuring and financing property developments both in the Auckland CBD and in suburban areas lends considerable depth to the practice. His practice extends to clients throughout New Zealand, Asia and North America.
He is known for his very hands-on pragmatic approach, enabling a responsive and close relationship with clients and their businesses.
Mark acts for a number of private and charitable trusts and has considerable experience in formation and restructuring of trusts.
- Purchase and ongoing management of leases of a large retail shopping centre
- Greenfield subdivision including land covenants and creation of residents society
- Development equity contribution agreement
- Drafting agreement for the purchase of air rights title for land development
- Subsidiary unit title subdivision under Unit Titles Act 2010
- Body corporate dispute regarding illegal body corporate rules
- Re-purchase of land from Crown under section 40 of the Public Works Act
- Multiple trust restructure and rationalisation
- Drafting agreement for hotel design, build and sell down
- Advising lender on restructure of defaulting loan portfolio
- Advising on suitability of development contributions
- Negotiating and drafting agreement to lease to national supermarket chain
- Due diligence investigations and report on inner city high rise building
- LLB – Victoria University of Wellington – Admitted 1988
- Diploma in Business – University of Auckland
- Property Council of NZ – member
- Property Law Section of the NZ Law Society – member